Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cosmetic Class Action Settlement

Did you buy any cosmetics during the period of May 29, 1994 through July 16, 2003? If you did, you may be eligible to receive free products. As part of a class action settlement, $175 million worth of free cosmetics products will be distributed to people who are eligible (check website for eligibility). It should begin sometime in January 2009 but it will only be while supplies last, on a first come, first served basis, and no rain checks will be issued. Go to the following website Cosmetic Settlement for the details.

1 comments:

cynderloowho said...

Initially when I heard about this, it was a WOOOWHOO! Free MakeUp and Scents!!! I read the website and I don't qualify because I didn't buy products from those companies listed during that time frame. Could I go and fill out a form to say I did? Yes, I could. Would it be dishonest? Yes, it would. Would I able to live with the fact that I got an expensive product free? Maybe...but my guilt fairies would have later killed me.

Basically, as I read about this suit on the web...the basis of the suit is that department stores don't offer T.J. Maxx or Marshall's prices. The department stores were not offering enough discounts. HELLO...THAT's WHY THERE ARE MARSHALL'S AND T.J. MAXX. Some people are old school and want to shop a department store like Macy's...if they don't get the discount price, my guess is they are probably okay with that.

I don't feel good about the settlement...I am sure that were many people in line who were legetimally part of the class action...but how many showed up for free stuff? Actually, I heard a story of a line out the door at a small branch of our local Macy's.

Many wronged customers...but who acutally wronged?

Google

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster